Monday, October 11, 2010

Game On!


After some long talks with friends and my wife over the last week and a half or so I've come to the conclusion that I probably pulled the plug on Midwestern Decline too quickly. I realize that this flip-flopping comes off as more than a little wishy washy and for that I'm sorry. However, it is what it is and I can't deny that often the pressures of running my lable, even with how small it was, proved to be frustrating more often than not. I realized though that once I wasn't doing it anymore that I very much missed it and it was probably worth all of the stress, money, and risk. I only get to live once, so I might as well do something that I find both meaningful and enjoyable (when it's working right).

With all that being said, consider this my official statement that Midwestern Decline is operational once more, and several projects are currently being planned.

First off, Karloff had some material recorded prior to their breakup, and in the upcoming months that will see release as a free high quality mp3 download. Grey and I are also looking to publish a bi-annual zine complete with CD-R compilation of music from various genres we find interesting. We will also be repressing the Close Only Counts CD which sold out of it's initial run of 100 on release night. Also, some t-shirts, buttons, and stickers should be out early next year.

Thank you to all of those who have purchased some of the music Midwestern Decline has released, you all make it worth it. It feels good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment